About Us >> Philosophy
Our Philosophy, and therefore our curriculum, is based on our understanding of how learning occurs. We believe that all members of our community (children, families, and staff) are of promise and potential that is realized through collaborative inquiry, reflection, and attention to interactive and nurturing relationships. Our community, in turn, is enhanced as each of us grows.
The essential components of our philosophy are:
- That understanding and embracing is apparent in the interactions among children, families, and employees.
- All children have the potential to construct and are capable of constructing their own understandings.
- Trusting, long-term relationships are essential to growth.
- Beautiful, inspirational environments are essential to learning and encourage activity, involvement, discovery and the use of the variety of media.
- The process of learning for individuals and groups is documented by observation, recording, and reflecting on experiences.
- The staff models the behavior we want to teach
- We build security by teaching trust